QBotix, Inc. is an innovative startup bringing a robot-controlled, optimized tracking service to the solar industry. Our product provides superior economic returns for utility and commercial scale solar power plants. We are backed by the largest Tier-1 Silicon Valley VC and have Fortune 500 customers. We have been recognized as a leading innovator by major industry and general media.
About This Opportunity
This position is perfect for someone who is currently pursuing their Master’s, a new grad, or looking to enter the Robotics Industry. The ideal candidate will design and execute product system tests to ensure performance, design standards compliance and system optimization. A successful Test Engineer will actively coordinate with the Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, and Field Engineering departments to help establish testing methods necessary for stabilizing the system performance and achieving prescribed reliability.
Specific areas of focus will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Hands on assembly, prototyping, and field fitment robots or robot sub assemblies for the certification of mechanical and electrical aspects of the system
- Contribute to design discussions concerning various aspects of the product, providing feedback to design engineering group
- Compilation of comprehensive reports and presentations with findings from test
- Compile, organize, and analyze test data collected
- Implement planning, procuring, organization, and maintaining test equipment and materials
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years of mechanical structural test engineering / product testing.
- Expertise in instrumentation (strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, temperature setting, etc.) and DAQ (NI-DAQ, Arduino).
- Experience with Python, Confluence, UNIX operating systems, Autodesk Inventor
- Experience of light / heavy equipment testing and / or structural load testing.
- Ability to support the design, testing, and initial installation of products in both national and international locations.
- Proficiency with MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Familiarity with ERP systems and production processes is a plus.
What to expect from us
We are a fast-moving lean startup. The job description is fluid, the candidate must be flexible and ready to do what is required for the company to succeed! You’ll be ensured a competitive salary, full benefits, stock options, free daily lunch, and an outstanding opportunity to grow with an execution focused, fast moving company.
Contact: [email protected]