System Engineer with Modeling Focus
QBotix, Inc. is an innovative startup bringing a robot-controlled dual-axis tracking system to the solar industry. Our product provides superior economic returns for utility and commercial scale solar power plants. We are backed by the largest Tier-1 Silicon Valley VC and have Fortune 500 customers. We have been recognized as a leading innovator by major industry and general media.
About This Opportunity:
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated System Engineer with strong experience in modeling to join our Engineering Team, specifically the Robotics Group.
- Perform complex system modeling incorporating rigid-body dynamics
- Complete analyses associated with wind-induced, dynamic structural loading
- Carry out modal and frequency-space analyses of physical systems
- Perform statistical/probabilistic analysis of physical systems and processes
- Create, update, and maintain failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) for all systems and assemblies to support decision making and prioritization
- Contribute to design discussions concerning various aspects of the product
- Compile concise and coherent reports and presentations
- Communicate cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Generate technical documentation
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or related technical field with 2 to 5 years experience in system-level engineering and modeling.
- Experience using C++, MATLAB, Simulink, and Python to model complex systems
- Expertise in performing and applying modal and frequency analyses to physical systems
- Experience applying statistical and probabilistic techniques to understand large data sets
- Design of experiments and analysis of empirical data to draw meaningful design direction
- Knowledge and experience using FMEA or DFMEA to manage reliability risk
Nice to have
- M.S. or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering or related technical field with 1 or more years of experience
- Familiarity with ASCE 7-05 or 7-10 structural wind codes
What to expect from us
We are a fast-moving lean startup. The job description is fluid; the candidate must be flexible and ready to do what is required for the company to succeed! You’ll be ensured a competitive salary, full benefits, stock options, free daily lunch, yoga twice a week, and an outstanding opportunity to grow with an execution focused, fast moving company.
Contact: [email protected]