Field Applications Engineer, West Coast
QBotix, Inc. is an innovative startup bringing a robot-controlled dual-axis tracking system to the solar industry. Our product provides superior economic returns for utility and commercial scale solar power plants. We are backed by the largest Tier-1 Silicon Valley VC and have Fortune 500 customers. We have been recognized as a leading innovator by major industry and general media.
About This Opportunity
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the implementation and provision of processes supporting customer deployments and project analysis, including site layouts, performance analysis, and equipment configurations. The Applications Engineer will also gather feedback from customers regarding the deployment of company products and provide organized input for the product development process. The ideal candidate will act as a liaison with engineering in releasing new products, and ensure that instructions, bulletins, best practices, training classes, and channel certifications are available in a timely manner.
- Interface with customers and managing contractors during the planning and installation phases of a project
- Conduct QA/QC audits of contractor activities and operations
- Prepare and conduct partner training sessions and courses
- Providing feedback on installation issues relating to materials, processes, and training. Driving continuous improvements in Quality and efficiency
- Address immediate technical issues
- Coordinate with Manager of Field Applications Engineering to prioritize, set up, perform tests, and provide reports for all applications testing
- Communicate major product changes, technical solutions, and quality assurance concerns on a regular and timely basis
- Regularly visit customer sites to provide updates on new and revised products, technical updates, and solutions as well as providing suggestions for operational improvements
Assist with documentation and technical content including videos, online lessons, manuals, and component level instructions
- Assist with beta and pilot installations
- Assist with Quality Assurance Inspection program to identify product or training issues and provide feedback to appropriate internal departments and to key accounts
- B.S. in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience using CAD tools for design and deployment analysis
- Up to 60% travel required
- NABCEP Certification a plus
What to expect from us
We are a fast-moving lean startup. The job description is fluid, the candidate must be flexible and ready to do what is required for the company to succeed! You’ll be ensured a competitive salary, full benefits, stock options, free daily lunch, yoga classes twice weekly, and an outstanding opportunity to grow with an execution focused and fast moving company.
Contact: [email protected]