Embedded Systems Engineer
QBotix, Inc. is an innovative startup bringing a robot-controlled dual-axis tracking system to the solar industry. Our product provides superior economic returns for utility and commercial scale solar power plants. We are backed by the largest Tier-1 Silicon Valley VC and have Fortune 500 customers. We have been recognized as a leading innovator by major industry and general media.
About This Opportunity
We are looking for a highly skilled Embedded Systems Engineer to join our Robotics Team. The responsibilities are to:
- Design, develop, and test embedded software/firmware in the C programming language using compilers and build tools provided by hardware suppliers.
- Design, develop, and test interface software using a high-level programming language such as Python.
- Participate in debugging of software and hardware during early design cycles of new products using software debuggers and hardware probing techniques.
- Maintain the software source code in a revision control system such as GIT and create software design documentation as well as user documentation.
- Develop unit and regression tests to help ready the embedded system for production.
- Generate technical documentation.
A highly qualified candidate will have/do
- B.S. in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent with 2 to 5 years experience in embedded software and hardware.
- Experience programming interfaces with sensors, sensor conditioners, and analog-to-digital converters.
- Experience with debugging and testing of embedded hardware in electronics labs using measurement equipment such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Design of Experiments and analysis of empirical data to draw meaningful design direction
- Contribute to design discussions concerning various aspects of the product
- Compilation of concise and coherent reports and presentations
Nice to have:
- M.S. in computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent with 2 years of experience.
- Experience designing, developing, and testing embedded systems using Altium Designer for both quick prototyping of internally used systems and product systems.
What to expect from us
We are a fast-moving lean startup. The job description is fluid, the candidate must be flexible and ready to do what is required for the company to succeed! You’ll be ensured a competitive salary, full benefits, stock options, free daily lunch, yoga classes twice weekly, and an outstanding opportunity to grow with an execution focused and fast moving company.
Contact: [email protected]